In our recent blog article ‘The Importance of Social Media for Hotels’ we explored the benefits of developing a strong visual social media presence to help drive engagement, consideration and, ultimately, bookings.
Social media is having a significant impact on businesses across all industries, so we wanted to share some top tips on how you can embrace these digital platforms to help develop and maintain your brands reputation and social media presence.
Check out our top 10 tips below:
- Know your target audience and create content they want to see
- Always post a clear photograph and content that you are 100% happy with, as they say ‘a picture is worth a thousand words.’ Never post a rushed and blurry photograph and ensure that the post always fits with the brands style, communications objectives and target audience
- Create a plan to make sure that you are posting regularly and that all posts are precise and well thought out
- Showcase your brands personality. For example, if you’re a hotel, don’t just create content about the hotel, post content about the hotel team, the local area and share user generated content – and always credit where necessary!
- Ensure that your posts include good captions, you want to spark a conversation and engage with your audience. Your audience wants inspiration and do not want to see a feed full of offers or promotions
- Social media works like a 24-hour reception, the team need to remain active to respond to queries from customers, as social media and reputation go hand in hand
- Meltwater found that 70% of social media is viewed on a mobile phone, so all social media content (and your website) must be suitable for mobile viewing
- Keep up to date with your consumers trends and behaviours so you know what they want to see from you
- Creating video content? Remember most viewers watch with their sound off so add in graphics and text to retain your viewers’ attention
- Get real – you need to build a relationship with your social media follows in an authentic and human way. It’s a social platform after all, so try to be more engaging and approachable
By following these basic rules, you’ll be able to build and maintain a strong brand reputation on social media, whilst inspiring and engaging with your existing and future customers.
If you’d like to find out more about how davies tanner can help develop your brands reputation, then please get in touch: email@example.com